Established in 1882, as a non-profit association, River View Cemetery has operated under the supervision of a dedicated, volunteer Board of Trustees. For many years, that Board envisioned establishing a funeral home on the cemetery grounds for the convenience of families choosing River View.
In 2004, their vision became a reality and a full-service funeral home was opened with a commitment to provide the same high level of quality service that River View Cemetery is so well known for. This for-profit funeral home operates with its own Board of Directors, but is a wholly-owned subsidiary of River View Cemetery. River View Cemetery Funeral Home serves all faiths and all cemeteries – not just families who intend to utilize River View Cemetery.
The funeral home office is located in the stately old home on SW Macadam Avenue, at the west end of the Sellwood Bridge. This well-known area landmark, originally the cemetery superintendent's residence, has been restored to its original appearance, while being upgraded to meet current building code requirements for safety and accessibility.
Your browser may not work with certain site. Upgrade now.